Chicken Apple Cheddar Paninis-
Deli chicken breast (1/2 lb for 2 servings)
Sliced cheddar cheese- 4 slices
1 Granny Smith Apple
Whole Wheat French Bread (sliced by the bakery)
- First I heated up my grilling pan, with Olive oil to make it non sticky.
- I sliced my apple with my mandolin. You really only need 4 slices, about a 1/4 in thick
- Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil on one side of each piece of bread (8 for 4 sandwiches).
- Spread dijon mustard on one side of half of 4 of the pieces of bread.
- Stack the chicken, cheese and apple and top with another piece of bread with the oiled side out.
- Place on the grill pan and set the weight on top. Only grill for about 2 minutes then flip.
- The cheese should melt, and the bread should toast, and then it's done!
These were so fast, and super yummy, and for my WW friends, roughly 3 points per sandwich!!
Now onto dessert! I had seen on Pinterest this recipe for Cheesecake stuffed chocolate dipped strawberries. These sounded amazing, so I thought I would try!
1 pkg Strawberries
1 tub of Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling (but you won't use all of it)
1/2 cup Chocolate chips
- Put the 1/2 cup of CC into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until melted. (about 1 min) Stir between.
- Cut out the stem of the strawberries and hollow out some space.
- Fill a piping bag (or ziploc) with a few large spoon fulls of Cheesecake Filling.
- Pipe the cheesecake into the strawberries, with a little overflow.
- Dip in chocolate and set on a plate to wait to be eaten.
These also took about 5 minutes to prepare and they were a quick, sweet snack!
So there you have it, my two quick recipes that are so fast, and so delicious!