A personal favorite of mine, these are pretty easy and way delish!
- First, bake a cake. Boxed or scratch doesn't really matter.
- Once it's done, and still warm, dump the cake into a bowl. Add a cup of frosting (a whole container from the store) and mix. This will form a dough, which you will need to stick in the freezer for 30 min-1 hour to firm it up, and cool it down.
- Once cool and firm, scoop the dough out into balls. I like the size of a large gum ball, but choose what size you want. Roll into a tight ball and (for cake pops) insert the stick.
- Stick these back in the freezer to cool and harden. This will help the chocolate cool to the desired harness.
- Dump a bag of chocolate chips (milk for me) into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time until the chips are melted (stop right before all the chips are melted and stir to melt completely)
- Dip the balls in the chocolate by the stick.
- I found some green foam I had left over, and poked holes in to hold my pops upright while they hardened. Styrofoam would work too.
- Then, so they were pretty, I sprinkled some sprinkles on top :)
- Now dip the other 44, and you will have delish cake pops :)
These are really quite simple, and great to do while watching a movie because they do take a little time to cool and dip. But they are TOTALLY worth it. I am not sure how anyone else makes cake balls, but this way makes them so moist and delish that people will ask you "How did you make these!??!" They are a huge hit every time I make them!
So please try them out, and let me know what you think!